RGVTP.NET
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recall 12138 trans tube fractue

Brocket29 Guest

Default Recall 12138 trans tube fractue

Hey guys wanted ya ll to be aware about this recall in case anyone is affected by it , just became aware of it today and we re supposed to inspect the dipstick tube and if necessary replace it

Post Thanks / Like

Good info

Absinthe
    Tuned by SPIKE
    "Nothing personal just business."

Brocket29 Guest

My truck actually has the recall my tubes not broken so I'm supposed to put this foam insulator at the top of the tube to cancel out vibrations but I'm just gonna go ahead and replace the tube anyway lol pays more for me and GM doesn't call back recall parts

Post Thanks / Like

My truck is included in that recall. My tube is not broken and since I don't trust dealers with my vehicle because they dented the bumper the last time I took it to them, I purchased the foam sleeve GM part # 24262134 for $3 online. Does it just slip over the top of the tube. can one of you that have the foam sleeve look at it and tell me where it goes ? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brocket29 View Post
    Hey guys wanted ya ll to be aware about this recall in case anyone is affected by it , just became aware of it today and we re supposed to inspect the dipstick tube and if necessary replace it

Brocket29 Guest

these are pictures of mine under the hood just slides over the tube and zip ties directly to the tube

Post Thanks / Like

Mine already had it! :-)

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Forum Runner

.::La Chiskiada | Gutless 4.3L | 4L60e | 3:42's | Catless & Tuned | Toyo Tires::.
    .::La Blanka | FlexFuel 5.3L | AIRAID Jr Intake Kit | HydraMatic 6L80 6-speed | 3:42's | 2.5 TGC Kit | 33" Toyo M/T::.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    "Either your with us, or your Behind us."- RGVTP.net

Post Thanks / Like

very easy job....wonder why dealer said it takes 2 hrs to do repair ?
    I will install the foam tonight, thanks for the pictures. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brocket29 View Post

these are pictures of mine under the hood just slides over the tube and zip ties directly to the tube

Post Thanks / Like

Gm pays .5 hrs to replace the tube I wish it was 2 hrs and .2 to install the foam damper
    LS1 SILVERADO LTH CAI 4.11S CAM AND STALL TUNNED BY KHP

Brocket29 Guest

Ya kinda funny how before the recall GM paid 3.5 hours and now it only pays .5 to replace the tube

Post Thanks / Like

Ok im confused... this is for the nnbs gm trucks? Mine doesnt have that foam. What happens the tube breaks or what? And all you have to do to install the foam tube is just simply slide it on the tube thats it? Where can I order the foam?

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Also where is the weak spot on the tube so that I can know where to look for any signs of a crack.

"Either you're with us, or Behind us."- RGVTP.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast